Wednesday, December 30, 2009

A regret, yet again

For what is it to die but to stand naked in the wind
and to melt into the sun?
And what is it to cease breathing,
but to free the breath from its restless tides,
that it may rise and expand and seek God unencumbered?


PS: No, this is not in reference to the two famous deaths in Karnataka recently. I lost someone very dear earlier in the week.

Someone who played a very important role in my life as I was just trying to find my feet all those years ago.

Someone who affectionately disagreed with an important decision of mine but supported me nevertheless, and tried to make sure I would never have to regret it.

Someone who taught me how to appreciate a good percolator coffee, and how to make it too.

Someone who personified gentleness, light humor, and affection.

Someone who, though quite young, was waiting for his Call for a while now.

Someone who I am very guilty of not being with in the last days and moments.

Someone to whom I have been pouring my heart out in the last few days wishing I could say all this in person one last time.

Someone who I am praying will forgive me for all my lapses.


Post PS: I am reminded yet again how we take our and our loved ones’ lives for granted. We go through our lives as if we all are going to live forever, and forget to express our love, our affection and our gratitude to those that deserve to hear them. Only when they pass on that we realize what has been left unsaid over the years. And what remains is the guilt that will never go away till we meet them again in the other world.

Like what I am left with. Yet again.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thats sad Dear Srikanth
pls take care
malathi S

L'Étranger said...

Thanks Malathi

Srikanth said...

I express my Deep Condolence.May Soul RIP.
Please take care,SB.

L'Étranger said...

Thanks, SV.