Sunday, February 05, 2012

This... and That...

I can't believe that it has been four months since I updated this blog. I know it has been on life-support for a while now -- I haven't written anything much even during the months leading up to this 4-month hiatus except posting some songs reflecting my mood of the day.

How do people keep their blogs constantly updated? Where do they get the enthusiasm from?

So much has happened/has been happening -- both good and bad -- in the last several months that there is definitely no lack of information I could share. If I wanted to, that is. But why would I?

Yet, I envy those that are capable of writing so much so often while still abstracting out all the private details. I wish I could have that kind of drive. I can do it, but I just don't have the drive anymore.

I'm finding that, over the past several months, I have been writing in my personal diary more often than before. Long ago, when I was in college, I probably wrote more diary than homework. I used to use up all the bank diaries that I would get from my father and uncles! But now I have Penzu -- an online personal diary that doesn't put a limit on how much I can write and when. I use it from my Mac as well as iPad. I write even when I am on the train to work.

Anyways. I realized just now that this is my first post in 2012. Hopefully this blog will survive yet another year, but if it were to die, I wouldn't mind it. I also realized that I took out my beloved Nikon D200 only once in the last several months. And i haven't even touched it since Nov 2011. THAT I will definitely mind. I am not gonna let my camera stay silent for long. To kickstart, I've got to by a new lens first -- the one I have been wanting to buy for a while, the one that will cost me more than $2000. Hope the budget gets approved fast.

Talking of purchases, Caesar got a new ramp as the first purchase of 2012. Initially he saw it as an obstacle in his way and would jump over four feet from the sofa. Then he realized he could actually use the cushiony thing and save his legs for other more important activities. :-)

Here is what he got:


I of course use it in front of the sofa. The bed needs a taller ramp.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

ಶ್ರೀಕಾಂತ
ಆಪ್ತ ಅನ್ನಿಸ್ತು ನಿಮ್ಮ this and that!!
miss your writing. I update my blog once a week sometimes more than that, but most of it is rubbish...dont know why i do it though!!
feels bad when people who really write very well stop writing!!:-)
say hi to sizzu!!
malathi S

L'Étranger said...

@Malathi: Thanks for the kind comments! But, I don't agree with you about the rubbish thing. No way! :-)

Sizu says hi to you too!

Srikanth said...

This ಏನೋ ಸರಿ. 'That' ಬಗ್ಗೆನೂ ಬರೀತೀರ ಅನ್ಕೋಂಡಿದ್ದೆ :). ಲೇಖನ ಮತ್ತು Sizu ಹೊಸ Furnicharrಉ ಚೆನ್ನಾಗಿವೆ.

Srikanth said...

hosa template chennagide :-)

L'Étranger said...

haha! call maaDi hELONa andkonDidde.... neenE nODbiTTe. :-)