Thursday, August 27, 2009

Ganesha Revisited

I couldn't believe Ganesha festival came back so fast! It felt like it was only recently that I bought a "Made in China" Ganesha idol, performed the pooja and blogged about it! And here he was, yet a gain, dominating the weekend and the days on either side of it.



This time, I managed to perform the pooja in much more detail. What was even more special was that, for the first time in my life, I attempted something which I believed I would never do -- prepare steamed kaayi kaDubu (ಕಾಯಿ ಕಡುಬು)! It turned out to be pretty tasty, but the appearance was a disaster! I guess I am not sophisticated enough for certain things!



To make up for the disaster, I also prepared Gulab Jamoon which I consider myself pretty adept at (is 3 times in 14 years not enough of an experience?!).



I surprised myself by preparing two types of sweets in a day because, you know, I don't like sweets. I hardly eat any. This was only for naivedya (and others with a sweet tooth) -- so maybe I earned more puNya because of selfless cooking :P

By the way, lamps (and clouds) form in so many interesting ways that sometimes I am amazed by their uncanny resemblance to familiar shapes and forms. But what I saw in this lamp while doing Ganapati pooja simply stunned me! Do you also see what I am seeing?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Certainly!u r doubly blessed. one for your slefless act of preparing sweet and for the divine revelation in the diyaa!
pls have a look at my gaNapa too.

:-)
ms

ರೂpaश्री said...

I Love kadubus and belive me these are much better shaped than mine turned out :-)
Next time you plan to make some, please do think of me!! hehe

Btw, loved the deepa(flame) photo!!

L'Étranger said...

@Malathi: Thank you! Saw your gaNapa... will reply to your mail. :-)

@Roopa: Hahaha! That made me feel better! I will certainly think of you (and your encouraging words) the next time make some! :D