Wednesday, April 15, 2009

"Your camera can wait, can I sleep a little bit longer please?"

Exactly a year ago to the day, I took a picture of a tree I found kind of interesting. And all through the past year, almost every single day, I saw this tree, from the exact same spot, and witnessed what the weather subjected it and its surroundings to, and saw how it responded every day. It is almost like witnessing the daily life of a tree and its interaction with the sun, the rain, the snow.... It is amazing!

This is the picture I took on April 15, 2008 which I also posted on this blog around that time:



And this is how the tree stands today:



Same day, same time, same spot, same camera, same lens, same settings. What a difference!

But the tree whispers to me that it is alive as ever, that it is going to look beautiful again. For, the real beauty lies within. And sometimes it takes longer to express itself. I will post a picture when the tree wears the Spring again.

3 comments:

ರೂpaश्री said...

wonderful shots SB!!!

ವರುಷಕೊಂದು ಹೊಸತು ಜನ್ಮ
ಹರುಷಕೊಂದು ಹೊಸತು ನೆಲೆಯು
ಅಖಿಲ ಜೀವ ಜಾತಕೆ....

L'Étranger said...

Very apt!! :-)

Archana said...

That's really neat! Great comparison, and I'm sure it'll be back in all it's glory come Spring. :)