Sunday, February 10, 2008

When an idiot asks stupid questions...


"Sizu, tell me something. I walk you 3 times a day and let you out in the backyard to do your thing twice (very early in the morning and very late at night), pick up after you, then wash your feet and mouth with warm water and dry you with a soft towel. I do this whether it is raining or it is 90 degrees or -35 degrees like last night. Not to mention putting on your beautiful boots every time we step out in cold winters.





"As soon as we are done with this procedure, every single time, you run to the kitchen and sit by the cabinet where your treats are kept. You don't move from there till I give you your favorite treat. Once you get your treat, you dash off to the living room where you happily munch on it. And then you expect me to play with you for at least 5 minutes.

"I might miss my meals but I make sure you never miss yours. I fill your water bowls with fresh water twice a day without being asked. I clean your eyes, clean your ears, brush your teeth & coat, pay a groomer to give you a bath and do your nails and take you to dog park for your workout, etc. Like Seinfeld says, if Martian creatures were watching us dog owners here on earth (at least in the US), they wouldn't buy our claim that humans are the masters here.

"Now, there is definitely something wrong here, don't you think? I walk you, I clean you up, dry you up and all that, basically I am the one doing all the work for you. Don't you think you should be giving me the treat, and not the other way around?"

As I lay in bed, Sizu licked my face for 5 minutes, snuggled up to me under the blanket, and dozed off to sleep on my arm.

"But I do get this all the time from you, even if I screw up with any of the tasks I listed above! I get this even without asking for it!"

"Lick lick lick..." And back to sleep.

All my stupid questions had been answered. :)

7 comments:

Rayapeddi said...

Bediboo, you are so sweet! Hats off to you! :)

Looking at Ceaser, it’s so damn evident that he is very serious about his diet and workout, not to mention his other accessories. He has always looked beautiful! :) Almost a year back you, SV and I were discussing about his marriage, remember? Has he taken it very seriously? :O – If so, it is ‘WE’ who have lost focus. We should have understood him and must have worked towards finding a suitable match. It’s time to start; else he might not talk to us.

L'Étranger said...

Hahaha! He is also getting older, he will be 6 this May! That is 37 in human years! [:)]

Niveditha Sunderraj said...

Aww, you've the cutest dog in the world! really... and I think only a dog can provide unconditional love like that.

Btw, I blogroll-ed you!

L'Étranger said...

@Niveditha:
Thank you!! :)

And I am blogroll-ing you too!

Srikanth said...

ಸ್ವಾರ್ಥಿಗಳು ಸ್ವಾಮಿ, ನಾವು ಸ್ವಾರ್ಥಿಗಳು!

ನಾವು ಪ್ರೀತಿಸುವವರ ಬಗ್ಗೆ ಇಷ್ಟು ಕಾಳಜಿ ವಹಿಸಿವುದು, ಅವರ ಸಂತೋಷದಿಂದ ನಮಗೆ ಆಗುವ ಮಹದಾನಂದಕ್ಕಾಗಿಯೇ. ಸುಖ ಸ್ವಾರ್ಥಕ್ಕಾಗಿಯೇ! ಸಿಜು ಬಂದು ನಿಮ್ಮ ಎದೆಗೊತ್ತಿ ಮಲಗಿದಾಗ, ಸಿಜುವಿಗೆ ನೀವು ಹೆಚ್ಚು ಬೇಕೋ, ಇಲ್ಲಾ ನಿಮಗೆ ಅವನ ಅಗತ್ಯ ಹೆಚ್ಚೋ ತಿಳಿಯುತ್ತದೆ! [:P]

ವ್ಯಾಲೆಂಟೈನ್ ಡೇ ಇವತ್ತು. As JK says, ಸಿಜುಗೆ ಸೂಕ್ತ ವಧು ಹುಡುಕೋಣವೇ? ಪಾಪ ೩೭ ವಯಸ್ಸಿನ ಸರಸ ಮನಸ್ಕ, ಪ್ರಾಪ್ತ ವಯಸ್ಕ, ಏನಂತೀರಿ?

===

Unknown said...

Cizu is ever so beutiful and adorable. And Bedathur is as beautiful at heart as Cizu. No wonder both love each other so much :)

L'Étranger said...

@Nandita: Hahaha! That was a very nice thing to say! Thanks! :) But, honestly, I don't think humans can match dogs when it comes to selfless love.